12/3/11

Something about 3D

A Classroom I Created in Class, with the help of Link
This semester we had a module of 3D practice, and I learned a lot about modeling, animation, lighting, UV maps and so on. They are amazing and of great fun. But I think I still have to difficulty to transfer what I see as 2d to a 3d model, and it's hard for me to image what they look like and how then move from different angles. This's what have trouble me since I was doing 3D computer games with OpenGL in my undergraduate. So it's possible that I would avoid using Maya for my project.

Set Proportions by stylepilot.com
So when once Thomas recommended a website named stylepilot which used Flash to allow the users to changed the body shape on stylepilot.com, I began to think that maybe I could prepare a series of images and display one of them as the users change the data. That means I could do the scale or other changes with computer techniques like Python or Js online.



And if this doesn't work out, I shall try the online 3D technique name WebGL, which allow you to do a lot of changes to 3D object in realtime online. It's similar to OpenGL that I'm familiar with, but it's still under development and the coding is very complexity.

By the way, I saw some video about 123D of AutoDesk, I think it's a helpful tool for me to build models of different body shape if I just have to take some photo of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment