11/21/11

The Changing Ideas and Mindmaps

As December is coming, all the classes of this semester are coming to the end. For this three months, I learn a lot by reading & practice, and my idea of the project has changed a lot with this.

I remember for the first workshop with John in Shanghai,  I was intended to focus on the visualisation of data, so the main idea is about visualizing different type of data. But at the beginning of this semester, I realized that I was more interesting in the dynamic online visualization, so I determined to try some thing on personal preference.

the first mindmap

drawing mindmaps in the workshop
The first mindmap in this semester really gave me a direction that maybe I should try more focus on the data type and the out come.  At that time I just thought that I wanted to made an online magic mirror. It made me think about how to do the research, what should I learn and how can I make the project more attractive.

Brian's help, the second mindmap
 This little note came after the talk with John, I asked Brian for advice. He's amazing and really help me to clear my mind. We decided to simplify the data as time is really limited, and what's more important, we made a list of what to do(script and storyboard, character, background, design, research, programming, animation) and from whom I could ask help for. And he suggested me to dig into different versions of Cinderella's story, which is really an helpful interesting research for me.

a more clear mindmap for research
This mindmap is from the research method lesson of John, drawn by Thomas. We discussed each other's project and it's of great fun. By certain questions, we really saw something brilliant coming out from our project. I was inspired that I should add some more element from the story of Cinderella & magic mirror into my project, so that it might be more fancy and easy to understand.

I was thankful that for these three months I gained so much help from the class and staff  . It's exiting to see my project to become clear and fancy with all these help and supervise.

No comments:

Post a Comment