8/10/12

The Story: Orignal Cinderella and Movies


Talking about the story background of the project, Sharon suggesting me to read the original version of Cinderella's story. So I looked up the story on the internet and found some very interesting elements that I'm glad to use in my own project.

One is the pigeons who helped Cinderella to alight amongst the ashes. In the story, it's said that "(birds)odded with their heads and began pick", singing "The good into the pot,The bad into the crop." In my project, I simplified them into three chicks talking about Cinderella's wish.

Also in the story, there's a hazel-tree helping Cinderella when she begged "Shiver and quiver, my little tree,Silver and gold throw down over me". Here I drew 3 tree in the farm who can wave there leaves when them heart Cinderella's words.

I also watched Andy Tennant's Ever After: A Cinderella Story (1998). What impressed me was that her two sister didn't have to be ugly or really so bad. It's that they were so beautiful and proud made Cinderella think the ball will be a place to find happiness. So in my project I showed two girls dressed up with really glamour.

Reference:
1. Cinderella by The Brothers Grimm, translated by Margaret Taylor (1884)(http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-etexts/grimm/bl-grimm-cinderella.htm);
2. Ever After: A Cinderella Story (1998)(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcj9fyx6DXI;

No comments:

Post a Comment